The beaches of Kimolos - excursions
If you have enough time, visit all the beaches on the island
because they are unique.
(See the Assessment of bathing water quality according to the Ministry of Environment, energy & climate change)
*after noting that Psathi is also a beach,
With car and course from Chorio to A and B you will encounter:
- Rema: near Chorio a natural swimming pool with an excellent scenery
provided by the rocks, Rematonisia and “Sirmata” (caves, carved into
the soft rock where they keep the boats during the winter).
Lee shore, next to the Goupa settlement suitable for people of all ages.
- Karas: after Goupa, suitable for dives.
- Klima: Even though it is open to the north wind, you will love it.
With large pebbles and plenty of shade due to its thrifts
- Prasa: Amazing beach with white, thick sand (both in and out) and
At the entrance of the settlement there are baths.
- Monastiria: Open to the north wind but you can walk to the nearby
leeward beach, Soufi
From Chorio and with a southwest direction:
- Aliki: (pebbles, sand), Bonatsa: (sand), Kalamitsi (double beach with
pebbles and sand):
Long kilometers with thrifts and lentisks, the most popular beaches onthe
island save Psathi, shallow waters and, like every beach, extremely clean.
- Dekas, Ellinika, Mavrospilia: Route on a country road (dirt road).
Aspragremna are excellent for artistic photographs. You will have the
opportunity to see the ancient city and the tombs.
Mavrospilia will be an unforgettable experience.
If you happen to be in possession of a sea craft or you decide to make the trip round the island
in a trawler or the sea taxi you can visit the following beaches, if the weather allows it
because they are open to north winds:
- Gerakia Cave: This is not a beach, but an exotic cave at the promontory of Gerakia.
You can dive from the boat to wonderful turquoise waters and you can “explore”,
walking through the shallow waters, the cave.
- Agioklima (with a hot spring flowing at the waterside), Therma, Mersinia,
Zefokalamo and almost any bay you will encounter.
Of course, if you have a sea craft Kimolos has a lot more opportunities for swimming at various locations.
Whenever you like the scenery dive in without fear and enjoy the sparkling waters.
Text: George A. Ventouris, Despoina Athanasiadou-Ventouri